But there have been various theories advanced by various authors about what happened to Jesus. These theories can be categorized under 5 basic headings:
(1) the resurrection really happened,
(2) Jesus only swooned and was resuscitated, not resurrected,
(3) the apostles were deceivers who conspired to foist on the world the most famous and successful lie in history,
(4) the apostles were deceived by a hallucination, or
(5) the apostles created a myth, not meaning it literally.
Peter Kreeft explores the strengths and weaknesses of these 5 theories in the following clip: