The existing stained glass windows of St Carthage's Cathedral, recently restored after the devastating hailstorm of 2006, have a beautiful new addition (see below) on the Western side of the cathedral.
The first of the new windows commemorates the work of the Marist Fathers and their brothers at St John's College, Woodlawn, since 1931. It depicts the college crest, St John the Evangelist, Bishop Carroll, Miss Margaret Buckley (who donated the land for the College) and the College's first rector, Fr Thomas Segrief, SM. (See detail below) Clearly visible is the College's Latin motto: in English, "Hold fast to the traditions."
The second window depicts the Marist saint, Peter Chanel, who was martyred on the Pacific Island of Futuna on 28th April, 1841. Also depicted are the Marist crest, the Blessed Virgin, the Ven. Jean-Claude Colin, SM (founder of the Society of Mary), and the celebrated shrine of Notre Dame de Fourvière, Lyon, where twelve priests and seminarians pledged to form the Society of Mary in July, 1816. (Second detail below.) It is graced with a motto of the Marist fathers, taken from the injunction of Jean-Claude Colin, that they should work "unknown, as if hidden."
(Information from Fr Paul Pidcock, SM)